► Communicate with students early and often to give them information about changes to your course.
- Let students know how often they can expect to hear from you (e.g., daily, weekly, etc.), and through what channels (e.g., email, Canvas Announcements).
- Tell students how they can communicate with you (e.g., email, Canvas Inbox).
- Inform students of the expectations for attendance and participation under your modified teaching plan.
- Tell students how the class will operate during the period of instructional modification.
- State what parts of the class will occur synchronously and/or asynchronously.
- If instruction is happening synchronously, be sure to include the time zone since students may be remote in different parts of the country/globe.
- Direct students to campus resources for addressing non-instructional needs (e.g., health and wellness, other campus websites).
- Tell students to monitor official campus communication for updates: UC Davis News Page, UC COVID-19 Page, and Campus Operating Status.
- Encourage students and Teaching Assistants to practice daily preventive care: Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Stay home if you are sick. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work and school.