Changes made to this week’s Version 4 published for the week of May 4, 2020.
Key Change: Zoom released version 5.0 last week. This week’s FAQ updates tips based on new features and security/privacy protections of version 5.0. Please ensure that your Zoom version is updated. See FAQ #1 on how to update or see which Zoom version you’re using.
New FAQ added
- #14: How can I keep my Zoom meeting information confidential if I have designated an individual to schedule meetings for me?
- #23: How do I identify the weekly changes made to these FAQs?
- #3: Modified the below tip, to reflect Zoom’s revised default settings:
How do I prevent Zoombombing?
Tip: “Manage Zoom screen-sharing options by disabling participant screen-sharing or changing screen-sharing to “Host Only.” [May 4th update to this tip: Zoom recently updated the default screen-sharing settings for education users. Sharing privileges are now set to “Host Only,” so instructors by default are the only ones who can share content in class. Update your Zoom app to ensure you have access to the latest fixes.]
- #4: Updates tips based on Zoom’s version 5.0 release. New features
- #9: Updated to reflect latest encryption method released in Zoom version.